Short Term Medical
Did you miss your window to purchase a Major Medical Plan? Then a Short Term Medical policy might be the answer to your problem. This product is designed to help people who can't purchase a major medical plan through the marketplace, and would like to have protection until 2018.
Short Term Medical policies are not ACA Compliant and are not recognized by the government as minimum essential coverage. You would still have to pay the individual tax mandate for not having health coverage.
Short term medical insurance is health insurance that is available for periods of time from one month to 3 months.
- Short term medical insurance covers doctor visits, hospitalizations, emergency care, lab tests, prescription drug costs and more.
- Our short term medical insurance policies have national PPO doctor networks. Finding your favorite family doctors will not be an issue.
- Short term medical operates similarly to major medical, which means monthly premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, co-pays, and out-of-pocket maximums apply.
- Short term health insurance does require consumers to answer medical questions in the application, as some pre-existing conditions disqualify an individual from applying.
- Short term health insurance plans typically cost a fraction of the price of individual health insurance plans.
People who can find short-term health insurance beneficial include those in the following life situations:
- Missed open enrollment period
- Employer doesn’t offer coverage
- Temporarily unemployed
- In transition period / waiting for employer coverage to start
- Lost employer coverage (a COBRA alternative)
- Want Obamacare alternative
- Student or recent grad
Call Insurance Advisors today to see if Short Term Medical is right for you.