Health Insurance Blog - Healthcare.gov
|Check your mail for Form 1095-A
Tax season is here. If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2022, you'll need Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, to file your federal taxes.
Where’s my Form 1095-A?
- You should get Form 1095-A in the mail by early February.
- Keep it with your important tax information, like W-2 forms and other records.
- Form 1095-A comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS.
- It may be available online in your HealthCare.gov account even sooner. Learn how to find it.
How to use Form 1095-A
POSTED JANUARY 26, 2023
|Open Enrollment is over: What are your options?
If you missed the January 15 deadline for Marketplace coverage for 2023, you may still have options. You might qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, or you can apply for health coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
Find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid or CHIP
- Medicaid and CHIP are free or low-cost health programs that cover things like hospital stays, doctor services, and prescription drugs for children and some adults, including people with low income, pregnant people, and people with disabilities.
- You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time.
- Find out if you may qualify.
POSTED JANUARY 16, 2023
|Last chance: Open Enrollment ends soon!
There are only a few days left to get health coverage for 2023. Open Enrollment for Marketplace health plans ends January 15. Act now to enroll in health coverage that meets your needs and budget. Coverage starts February 1.
Enroll or change health plans by January 15
- New to HealthCare.gov? Create an account to fill out an application for the first time.
- Already have an account? Log in to update your application, compare plans, and change or renew for 2023. Even if you were automatically re-enrolled, it’s important to:
- Update any income and household changes. Otherwise, your savings might not be correct.
- Compare plans. There may be new plans and prices that better meet your needs and budget.
Get help with enrollment
POSTED JANUARY 12, 2023
|Don’t miss out! Sign up for 2023 Marketplace coverage
Your last chance to enroll in, renew, or change your Marketplace health coverage for 2023 is almost here. The deadline is January 15.
Review, update, & compare, even if you want to keep your plan
- If you had Marketplace coverage in 2022, review your application from last year and update it with any income and household changes.
- Updating your information helps make sure you get the right amount of cost savings.
Check out the new plans even if you were happy with your 2022 coverage. There might be another plan that better fits your needs and budget.
Start now—the January 15 deadline is almost here
POSTED JANUARY 05, 2023
|Pay your premium to start your coverage
Before you can start using your new 2023 Marketplace coverage, you have to pay your first premium. Your premium is the amount you pay every month directly to the health insurance company (not the Marketplace).
Here’s how. (Follow your insurance company’s instructions carefully. You may be able to pay online at HealthCare.gov.)
Pay your monthly premiums to start your coverage
Learn more about how to complete your enrollment and pay your premium.
POSTED DECEMBER 22, 2022
|Don’t delay! Open Enrollment ends in 1 month
Attention: The January 15 deadline to apply for, re-enroll in, or change 2023 health insurance will be here soon. This holiday season, don’t leave health insurance and the peace of mind that comes with it off your shopping list.
Important dates to know
- January 15, 2023: Deadline to apply for and enroll in 2023 coverage.
- February 1, 2023: Coverage starts.
Beat the Jan 15 deadline: Act now
Questions? Help is available
Get help applying for Marketplace health insurance.
POSTED DECEMBER 16, 2022
|Time’s running out: Sign up by Dec 15 for coverage that starts Jan 1
Your last chance to apply for, re-enroll in, or change 2023 Marketplace health coverage is almost here. The deadline is December 15. That’s just 6 days away. Act now – don’t miss out on health coverage that meets your needs and budget.
How to apply & enroll
- If you’re new to HealthCare.gov: Create an account and complete an application.
- If you have 2022 Marketplace coverage: Log in to your account to update your application, compare plans, and change or renew your plan for 2023. Even if you may be re-enrolled automatically, it’s important to:
- Update income or household changes. Some changes can affect the cost savings you get.
- Compare plans and prices. There might be another plan that’s a better fit for your health care needs and budget.
POSTED DECEMBER 08, 2022
|Two weeks left to get Marketplace coverage that starts Jan 1
December 15 is the deadline to apply for, renew, or change your Marketplace health insurance for 2023 coverage that starts January 1. Don’t delay – visit HealthCare.gov now!
Update & compare, even if you want to keep the same plan
- Even if you’re happy with your current plan, update your application with any expected income and household changes for 2023. There may be new plans that better fit your needs.
- Updating your information makes sure you get the right amount of savings.
Act now to get coverage that starts January 1, 2023
POSTED DECEMBER 01, 2022
|Don’t miss out: Get Marketplace insurance that starts Jan 1
Act by December 15 to have coverage starting January 1. There’s less than a month left to enroll in or change Marketplace health insurance for coverage that starts January 1, 2023.
The last day to enroll in or change plans for 2023 coverage is January 15 when Open Enrollment ends. For coverage to start:
- January 1, 2023: Enroll by December 15, 2022
- February 1, 2023: Enroll by January 15, 2023
Apply & enroll today
Get help now if you have questions or need help applying.
POSTED NOVEMBER 17, 2022
|Check out 2023 Marketplace coverage options – find out if you can save
Act by December 15 for Marketplace coverage that starts January 1, 2023. Before you enroll or renew coverage, browse plans and get an idea of what your costs may be. Just answer a few quick questions – you don’t even have to log in!
Ways to save on a 2023 Marketplace plan
Get savings & apply now
POSTED NOVEMBER 10, 2022