The 2017 Health Insurance Marketplace begins open enrollment on November 1, 2016, and will run through January 31, 2017. During this period, all health plans offered through the Marketplace will be accepting new enrollees.
Here are 5 items to consider as the U.S. heads into the open enrollment period:
1. Is your health or your family’s health changing?
Is there a baby on the way? Do you need a costly surgery?
2. Watch for important notifications via mail, or email, from your insurance plan or the government.
3. Has your health plan changed?
Health plans change from year to year. For example, premiums and copays may change. Your doctor may no longer be covered by the plan. Look over your plan carefully to make sure it’s still right for you.
4. Have your finances changed?
Did your household income go up or down?
5. Remember: If you do nothing, you will be automatically enrolled in the plan offered in the notice from your insurance company.
Visit Healthcare.gov for more tips to prepare for this big season.
Our Insurance Advisors can help with your healthcare needs, answer any health insurance questions you may have, shop multiple policies to ensure you’re getting the best coverage for your money, or help you get enrolled in the Marketplace if that is a better option for your family. Contact us at (337) 988-9059 today, or email us.
Ready to begin a quote? Click here.